Sunday 19 April 2009

I knew I should have spend that 250 bucks on an effects pedal. Instead of an acoustic guitar that I only use to write sappy love songs. Sappy love songs makes me sad. But this pedal makes me feel strong. Manly. Dashing. Charming. Handsomely charming. Invincible. That's the word, bloody invincible.

It's a Digitech Hardwire Looper/Delayer, it's basically a delay pedal that lets you record small loops up to 60 seconds long (that's about 30% of a regular pop rock song, if you think about it), and it can be looped so that you can play some crazy lead and shit on top of that loop. It's fucking crazy. I tried this at Cranbourne Music (fantastic store, by the way) last week and I was baffled. It doesn't cost that much (I know I can't really compare this to a Line 6 DL-4 delay modeller, but it basically offers the same features but with more channels and crazier sounds, obviously because it's a Line 6 pedal which is pretty much like the Benz and Beemer of effect pedals), and it's pretty damn good - not that I can tell the difference between a shit product and a good product with my noob ears, but I was stunned as to how easy it is to create loops and play over them.

Needlesly to say, I gotta have myself one of these. Now. I know that it's going to be easier now to create a 3-piece band with a drummer and a bassist. The sound layering could be incredibly complex. Add a distortion pedal to the bassist, and we could really start something huge. Epic wall of sonic awesomeness raping your ears, that's what.

No comments: